[Advaita-l] ADMIN: Problems in receiving advaita-l mail

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Sep 27 13:37:36 CDT 2004

Lately a lot of subscribers have been having problems receiving  mail from
advaita-l.  This is the problem:

Owing to the large amount of spam and viruses and other junk email on the
Internet many sites (including ours) have taken to using blacklists of
known origins of spam and simply refusing to accept mail from them.  By
and large this works and helps poor admins like me tremendously.
Occasionaly however, you get false positives.

In August, our Internet provider purchased a company and moved us to their
data center.  The problem is this company had previously been invloved in
hosting spammers and was on a couple of blacklists.  Thus many of your
providers are refusing all the mail we send to you.  After a while, the
list server sees all the bounces purporting to come from you and assumes
there is something wrong with your account and automatically unsubscribes
you.

While my provider wends its way through the anti-spam bureaucracy, they
are proposing to move advaita-vedanta.org yet again.  This will cause some
turmoil and for the next couple of days you may intermittently have access
problems but it will be worth it in the end.  I have been keeping track of
subscribers who are affected by this situation so there will be no need
for you to do anything to reactivate your subscription.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>