[Advaita-l] Brahman superimposition on material world

rohit ubhayaker rohit8ganesh at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 13 03:38:50 CDT 2004

Dear  Saadhakas,

Superimposition  does  not  correspond  to  something  such  as  a  bedsheet  covering  a  cot , as  that  would  limit  Brahman  to  a  size.

It  is  easier  to  say  that  Brahman  imagines  Himself  as  the  world , etc. It  is  similar  to  how  a  child  at  play  imagines  himself  as  a  prince.
A  lot  of  thought  is  required . The  only  pitfall  is that  one  must  not  delve  into  the  nature  of  Maayaa ( as  anti-Advaitins)  do. Then  this  very  Maayaa  starts  deluding  you!

With  Love ,
Rohit  N. Ubhayaker.
María Dickson <mad574 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
Dear Members:

Perhaps my question is too much basic for this forum,
but I am reading a very interesting explanation of
Advaita Vedanta from the Web Site of Katha, written by
D. Krishna Ayyar.
In the Appendix 2, he said that “...there is no world
or mind of the same order of reality as Brahman, the
paramnartika satyam; both the world and the mind are
superimpositions on Brahman and are categorised as
vyavaharika satyam.”
My question is: If Brahman is Atman in human beins, in
which form Brahman is superimposed on, for example, a
pot? Is D. Krishna Ayyar talking about a phisical,
material superimposition? Can we said that Brahman
“live” in material things?

Thank you very much for your patience with me...
With love...

María