[Advaita-l] The liberated souls and Brahmaloka

rohit ubhayaker rohit8ganesh at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 6 03:21:38 CST 2004

S Jayanarayanan <sjayana at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- rohit ubhayaker wrote:

[..]

> Of the four muktis mentioned Saalokya , Saaroopya , Saamipya
> and Saayujya , only the fourth indicates Nirguna mukti . The
> Puraanas testify to this .

I've not been following the discussions on this thread, but the above
statements are incorrect. In his VivekachUDAmaNi bhAshhya,
H.H.Chandrashekhara BhAratI says that NONE OF THE FOUR - sAlokya,
sArUpya, sAmIpya and sAyujya - refer to "mukti in the true sense of the
word".

We find a similar statement in Ramana Maharshi's "uLLadu nArpadu" as
well: "If it is said, that Liberation is of three kinds, with form or
without form or with and without form, then let me tell you that the
extinction of three forms of Liberation is the only true Liberation."

-Kartik

Dear  Saadhakas ,

Yes , P.P.Shrimad Chandrashekara Bhaarati  Mahaasvaamiji  is  right  as  He  refers  to  the  state  of  Brahman . In  the  Final  State  none  of  these  remain . However   , through  saadhanaa , Saayujya  may  be  considered  as  Advaita .

This  akin  to  saying  that  four  avasthaas  are  there , of  which  the  fourth  is  Turiyaa . But , having  attained  Turiyaa , none  of  the  four  are  valid . Even  Turiyaa  as  a  separate  state  does  not  remain .

Applying  this  logic  to  the  four  muktis , having  reached  Saayujya , the  previous  three  are no  longer  valid . Not  only  this , even  Saayujya can  no  longer  be  classified as  such

Remember , in  the  Avadhootageetaa , Shri Datta  says "..in  that  state  neither  Advaita  nor  dvaita  remains ." This  does  not  in  any  way  deny  Advaita .