[Advaita-l] Re: purusha sUktam & nArAyaNa sUktam

M. S. Ravisankar ravi at ambaa.org
Thu Mar 4 18:35:34 CST 2004

hrIm.h is explained in detail in some of the names of trishatii bhaashhya.
I don't remember any of them directly bringing in the meaning of "modesty".
However, one of the synonyms of modesty, "lajjaa" is used as a code word for
hriim.h. For instance, the name lajjaa-pada-samaaraadhyaa in trishatii has a
hidden meaning that ambaa is worshipped with hriim.h, lajaa pada is taken to
mean hriim.h as lajjaa is hrii.

Ravi