[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Asuman Martone

Sanjay Verma sanjay1297 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 22:05:27 CST 2004

Dear Sister Asuman,

Pranam. Asalam Alaikum. In response to your expressed interest in unity of religions, I refer you to the following articles which may be of interest to you:

1) Articles by Sultan Shahin on Islam and Hinduism

These are published in Asia Times and show similarities between Hinduism (specifically advaita) and Islam. The following is the link to article #4 in an ongoing series. From that article you can probably get links to previous articles. I believe the most recent article is #5.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/EL25Aa02.html

2) Krishna and Jesus
Op/Ed piece in "The Speaking Tree" -- a column in The Times of India showing similarities in the lives and teachings of Sri Krishna and Jesus Christ

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/378135.cms

3) Search for a river

Recent findings on the river Sarasvati dating the Vedas much further back than Western scholarship had previously deemed.

http://www.newindpress.com/sunday/sundayitems.asp?id=SEC20031219073814&eTitle=Co\lumns&rLink=0

If you have any trouble accessing these links, please let me know. I have downloaded all the articles and can send them to you directly.

Om Shanti

Sanjay