[Advaita-l] Invitation for the WAVES conference

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 06:49:08 CDT 2004

Greetings to all.

The World Association of Vedic Studies (WAVES) is organizing the fifth
international conference “India’s Intellectual Traditions – In the
Contemporary Global Context”, July 9 – 11, 2004 at the University of
Maryland, Shady Grove Campus (Rockville, MD) Washington, DC, USA.

Shree Satya Agarwal and myself are involved in the organization of the
sessions on GEETA. We invite the members of adviatin, adviata-L and
VAdAvaLi lists to participate in the conference.  You are welcome to
present a paper related to Bhagavad Geeta particularly its relevance to
21st Century.  The abstracts are due by 31st May 2004. Attached below
the information about the conference.  Relevance of Geeta from the point
of Adviatic, dvaitic and vishishhTadviatic aspects are welcome.  Please
send me or Shree Agarwal an email if you want to participate and also
want to present a paper at the conference. Scholarship in the area of
presentation is assumed and Registration for presentation is required.
Please note that there are parallel sessions on various other topics
relevant Vedic studies and you are welcome to participate in any or all
of the sessions.  For details see the website of WAVES Inc.  I would
like everyone to be present and contribute towards the growth of Vedic
Studies. We need to revitalize our inheritance.

Hari OM!
Sadananda
------------------------------
WORLD ASSOCIATION OF VEDIC STUDIES (WAVES), INC.
Fifth International Conference on

“India’s Intellectual Traditions – In the Contemporary Global Context”
July 9 – 11, 2004
University of Maryland, Shady Grove Campus (Rockville, MD)
Washington, DC, USA

A Symposium on
 “Srimad-Bhagvad-Gita in 21st Century”

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS

A symposium on “Srimad-Bhagvad-Gita” will be held during the above
Conference, July 9 – 11, 2004.
Srimad-Bhagvad-Gita is a profound work of Vedic tradition. It has been a
guide to world leaders, philosophers and common men alike.

Papers on all aspects of Bhagavad-Gita are invited. This will include
those on philosophic doctrines, ethics, spirituality, service,
psychology of conduct, different forms of yoga, message of peace and
harmony, universal values, message and inspiration for youth, unity of
religions, its special relevance for 21st century, etc.

Abstracts of papers (running in about 200 words) should contain the
title of the paper and full name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s).
Please also include short vitae of the presenter, giving e-mail address,
telephone number, fax number and postal address.

Deadline for receipt of abstracts: 31 May, 2004

Abstracts may be sent to either of the two organizers.

Dr. Satya P. Agarwal                    Dr. K. Sadananda
11293 Ridermark Row                     8015 Daffodil Court
Columbia, MD 21044                      Springfield, VA 22152
ishamaya at erols.com,                     kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
410-997-7175                             (703)451-5909
Note 1: For more details on the conference and the society, please visit
the website www.umassd.edu/indic/waves

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.