[Advaita-l] e-vEdAnta course

vishwanthan Krishnamoorthy krishvishy at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 11:39:45 CST 2003

There is nothing wrong in a teacher asking money for
his services in the current context (i.e. learning
vedas/vedantas in the US).

If we do not hesitate in paying up huge sums to learn
engineering, medicine etc.. why even for arts such as
carnatic music and dance etc...
why should there be a bias against vadhiyars? for them
 teaching vedas is their bread and butter.
May be we should provide a more institutionalized
mechanism for this.

In a gurukulam the students stay with the guru 24/7
and take care of him. Also the gurukulam was
patronized by  the rulers, they provided the food,
land, cows etc...

We cannot compare the pauranic age to the mordern age.

please forgive me if my post sounds too harsh.

regards
Vishwanathan