ADMIN: RE: [Advaita-l] Narayana - Word

Nomadeva Sharma nomadeva at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 07:19:36 CDT 2003

Dear Administrator,

I just sent a mail and noticed yours after that. I
apologize for the oversight.

Btw, this view that you mention here:

> It is the traditional view that shruti is
> apaurushheya. R^ishhi-s are
> only mantra drashhTa-s. Language of expression
> itself may have influence of temporal effects

is also not accepted by tradition. It is the view of
Grammarians (like in some books of S.K.Belvalker) that
the knowledge in Vedas is eternal, which was put into
words by the Rishis. Correct me if I am not wrong, but
AFAIK, all traditions hold that language, accents,
metre, including Rishi's name, everything is
apaurusheya.

Regards,
Krishna

in it. That does not