[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 15:34:26 CDT 2003

>To remove being jeeva-nishTa,  and to become Brahma-NishTa - one needs to
>understand and implement teachings of VedOpanishats & Geetha in one's life
>attain the Highest Good.

This sentiment is fine, but I would still like to know whose interpretation
you follow for these sUtra-s. As far as I know, it is not Ramanujacharya's,
but I am unaware which bhAshya explains the Ikshaty adhikaraNam as you do.
Besides, if these sUtra-s are meant to further expound on the previous
sUtra-s on samanvaya and SAstra-yonitva, there is no need to consider these
as a separate adhikaraNa at all.

Regards,
Vidyasankar