[Advaita-l] Why Yoga is not a Pramana ??

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Sun Jun 29 22:43:31 CDT 2003

Namaste Vaidyaji,

It seems that the coverse is true. Shruti Pramana is the sole means of
knowing the Self. It is the 'smoking gun' for the qualified seeker. There is
no other way. Jnana gained by shruti pramana alone leads to Moksha. Dhyana
is a karma and therefore it is preliminary. Karma makes the sadhaka an
adhikari and there its utility ends.

best regards,
K Kathirasan