[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Nagarjuna Siddhartha

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jun 11 13:36:50 CDT 2003

namaste,

My full name is Sattenapalli Siddhartha Nagarjuna. My primary interests
are madhyamika buddhism and advaita vedanta. I am trying to make a
comparative study of buddhism and the various schools of vedanta. In this
list however, I would be confining myself to vedanta. I have some
questions regarding the works of the teachers of advaita tradition and
other traditions.

1. Are there any specific works of Shankara or his disciples which try to
   refute the buddhistic (especially madhyamika) viewpoints? If there are,
   can someone give me a list of such works?

2.Do Shankara and his disciples consider Chandrakirti alone as an ultimate
authority while refuting madhyamika position? Or do they directly evaluate
the teachings of Nagarjuna?

3.Do the other schools of vedanta try to refute the madhyamika school or
do they confine themselves to refutation of advaita?

Help would be appreciated.