[Advaita-l] Causal Body

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 08:38:06 CDT 2003

--- Nomadeva Sharma <nomadeva at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, here's one's thought process:
>
> Facts:
> A. One of the stages is A person get to deep-sleep.
> B. Senses, brain are not working in deep sleep.
> C. As soon as the person gets up, he exclaims 'hey, I
> thought I slept for such a long time, but it is not
> even ...'.

Yes upto that are observations.

> Derivations or inferences:
> A. The person had some idea, correct or wrong, of time
> in deep sleep.

No that is not a fact - The person when gets up gets the idea of how
long he slept - If not he would not have to look at the watch to
conclude that "Oh My God I slept that long" - The time is measured in
the waking state before he went to sleep and after  got up from sleep.
Hence the  a person has some idea of time in deep sleep state is a
inference and not a fact.

> Conclusion: Whatever goes to deep-sleep also has a
> knowledge of time.

This conlusion is obviously is based on the incorrect inference of the
facts.

> Now, I am not sure what you could call as explanation
> here. AFAI see it, there is no explanation at all.
> There is a naming ceremony, however. We refer to
> 'Whatever goes to deep-sleep' as sAkshi.

No it is not naming - there is assumptions and conclusions,  based on
the assmptions naming the conclusion.  All the sequences are involved if
you want to examine that carefully.

> I am hoping that you will cover this in your article.

I hope to cover all this. Let us postpone the discussiosn until that.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

> Regards,
> Krishna

> http://calendar.yahoo.com

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.