[Advaita-l] Causal Body

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Thu Jun 5 23:00:29 CDT 2003

Namaste Jayji,

What I am saying is this. What you see as consistency or samanvaya in the
Shruti is based on your aptitude. What I see is based on my aptitude. So I
may be able to see what you are seeing and perhaps even beyond. The same
applies to you.  You see duality expounded in the shruti. What I see is
non-duality IN SPITE of duality expounded in the Shruti. You can't change
that because that's exactly what my buddhi says is right. The whole Advaita
Vedanta tradition uses the prasthana traya as a basis for their Siddhanta
just like the rest. It is just that plain simple. There is no point in
debating with us. We don't see contradicting pramanas, internal
inconsistency etc.

You asked, "Now you tell me why other Acharyas should not walk away and
create their own siddhAnta?"

They are free to do so. And so are we free to point the defects in other
Siddhantas and we give the same freedom to them. Like I mentioned earlier,
it is all aptitude and maturity. If we don't have it, we can't see it. When
we can't see it, we assume thata there is a problem with the Siddhanta but
NOT with ourselves. This is the problem.

Remember, we are not dismissing duality. We are saying in Non-duality IN
SPITE of Duality. Have a great day.

best regards,
K Kathirasan