[Advaita-l] adhyAsa - part VII - evaluation of the difficulties

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Wed Jun 4 15:31:12 CDT 2003

Dear SriKrishna,

>See, I am not well read. I am at elementary school
>level in Vedanta. But, I fail to understand your point

I am also an elementary student of shAstra.

>You are a champion of samanvaya, so why do you not
>attempt samanvaya of Advaita vedanta theory to find
>samanvaya within advaita vedanta itself, instead you
>are resorting to other school thoughts that there is
>no samanvaya in advaita vedanta.

There are so many branches of advaita today that,  it may be
almost impossible to do 'samanvaya' within advaita itself.
If you have studied naishkarmya siddhi, bhAmatii,  vivaraNa,
advaita-siddhi and all the modern day neo-advaitins,  then you
probably  know that we get a variety of definitions of terms
and a variety of answers to certain philosophical questions.

So, experts in advaita,  such as moderators of this group
can put thier heads together and make an attempt  towards
what you are asking me to do.

The school of thought that I come from,  we don't have that
problem,  and  knowledge-A  is not acceptable to sAkshee-D
as true knowledge because it is not coherent with experience.