[Advaita-l] adhyAsa - part VII - evaluation of the difficulties

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 14:19:02 CDT 2003

Hari Om !!

I appreciate your reply.

See, I am not well read. I am at elementary school
level in Vedanta. But, I fail to understand your point
of posts and trying to prove that Atma and Anatma can
not be superimposed, which I know from the beginning.
But it seems to be undifferentiated. That is the
problem for me/all, because of which several theories
and philosophies have come about. If it could have
been done without expounding later schools would not
have comeup at ll.

It is 'as if Superimposed' is the conclusion of
Mandukya, which even rejects 'creation'.

So, 'Superimposition' need not mean akin to 'GROSS'
superimposition. The material world is at a different
subtlity than the subtlity of Atman, as detailed in
the panchikarana, and Taittriya.

'Superimposition' should be treated as
'identification' or 'Ignorance' at genuine Advaita
Vedanta exposition. If you bottle it from the
perspective of other schools then it makes no sense.

The one and only Atman, identifying with various
sthula, sukshma, karana sareers shines as this
creation that is all Adhyasa is all about.

You are a champion of samanvaya, so why do you not
attempt samanvaya of Advaita vedanta theory to find
samanvaya within advaita vedanta itself, instead you
are resorting to other school thoughts that there is
no samanvaya in advaita vedanta.

At the beginning you said, we will study with no
school attached. So, exhaust Advaita theory correctly
before disputing it.

I know I can be moe patient. I could not be more
patient because you are not taking me any where with
your posts.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna