[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 13:22:19 CDT 2003

Hari Om !!

--- "Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200]"
<srinivas.kotekal at pharmacia.com> wrote:

> Namaste SriKrishna-ji,
>
> >I am not flattered by the mystics conclusion. I
> would
> >also agree that the mystic may not be familiar with
> >different philosophic theories of India. I am
> >accepting all such opinions/limitations.
>
> >What I am saying is that the mystic has 'Aparoksha'
> >knowledge. What does that knowledge signify/convey
> ?
> >All of them seem to be saying ONENESS, non-duality.
> >Ofcouse none seems to refer to Advaita Vedanta.
> They
> >simply say Advaita or non-duality. My question is
> if
> >Duality is the Ultimate Truth why none comes to
> such
> >conclusions out of their mystic experiences ?
>

> Setting aside subjective opinion of mystics, we
> learn four types of Mokshas
> (sArupya, aAmippya, sAyujya and sAlokya) from the
> scriptures. The very types
> of Moksha implies different nature of liberations.
> Don't Advaita accepts
> these type of liberations ? Just curious.

Let is not set aside mystics experience. They are
talking proof of highest knowledge. How can we ignore
them and accept what scriptures say ? After all
scriptures should not contradict aparoksha jnana.

Also, my limited understanding is that Advaita Vedanta
does not accept sArupya, aAmippya, sAyujya and sAlokya
muktis. Others can elaborate.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna