[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] srinivas.kotekal at pharmacia.com
Tue Jun 3 13:12:13 CDT 2003

Namaste SriKrishna-ji,

>I am not flattered by the mystics conclusion. I would
>also agree that the mystic may not be familiar with
>different philosophic theories of India. I am
>accepting all such opinions/limitations.

>What I am saying is that the mystic has 'Aparoksha'
>knowledge. What does that knowledge signify/convey ?
>All of them seem to be saying ONENESS, non-duality.
>Ofcouse none seems to refer to Advaita Vedanta. They
>simply say Advaita or non-duality. My question is if
>Duality is the Ultimate Truth why none comes to such
>conclusions out of their mystic experiences ?

Setting aside subjective opinion of mystics, we learn four types of Mokshas
(sArupya, aAmippya, sAyujya and sAlokya) from the scriptures. The very types
of Moksha implies different nature of liberations. Don't Advaita accepts
these type of liberations ? Just curious.

Regards,
Srinivas.

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.