[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 13:02:19 CDT 2003

Hari Om !!

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:
> >  Also, modern mystics who claim to have
> > attained 'realisation' only support 'Advaita' why
> is
> > it so ??
> >

> I think this is a futile line of argument to take
> because "modern mystics"
> tend to be completely ignorant of the broad range of
> thought in India and
> think Advaita Vedanta is all there is to it.  As
> flattering as it may seem
> to us, we must correct them because we serve truth
> above all.

I am not flattered by the mystics conclusion. I would
also agree that the mystic may not be familiar with
different philosophic theories of India. I am
accepting all such opinions/limitations.

What I am saying is that the mystic has 'Aparoksha'
knowledge. What does that knowledge signify/convey ?
All of them seem to be saying ONENESS, non-duality.
Ofcouse none seems to refer to Advaita Vedanta. They
simply say Advaita or non-duality. My question is if
Duality is the Ultimate Truth why none comes to such
conclusions out of their mystic experiences ?

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna