[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jun 3 09:23:43 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> I know some situations where in some one born in
> Madhva or Visishtadvaitings have  adopted sanyasa
> order in Advaita. I have not come across any reverse
> situtions.

The founders of all those other sampradayas :-)

Ok it's a slight exaggeration but its true they devote a major part of
their energies to refuting Advaita Vedanta.  They have to because Advaita
Vedanta is indisputably the first and most comprehensive explanation of
Brahmavidya.  On the other hand Advaita Vedanta stands on its own without
needing to make reference to these others.

>  Also, modern mystics who claim to have
> attained 'realisation' only support 'Advaita' why is
> it so ??

I think this is a futile line of argument to take because "modern mystics"
tend to be completely ignorant of the broad range of thought in India and
think Advaita Vedanta is all there is to it.  As flattering as it may seem
to us, we must correct them because we serve truth above all.