[Advaita-l] Question on the Kanchi Sankara math

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jul 9 15:50:23 CDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Nagarjuna Siddhartha wrote:

> Is the matha at Kanchi, a genuine one established by Sankara?

I request list members to read what has already been written on this
topic in the archives rather than open up this can of worms again.

My opinion is that while it is likely it was not one of the original 4
whether it was first or not is irrelavant for sadhakas of a philosophy
that _has_no_ beginning or end.

The Kanchi matha and its leadership have been amongst the foremost
exponents of Vedic dharma in its purity and thats good enough for me.