[Advaita-l] Help from Mr. Bhaskar

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Aug 19 02:35:56 CDT 2003

see - Asadeva idamagra aseeth (brih 1.1.2) where the bhahyakra says in the
context that light not only dispels the darkness but also enlights the Pot,
holena Swamji, points out there that this Bhasya here doesnot contradict
Mandukya Bhasha in this regard.

>  praNAm prabhuji
>  Hare Krishna
>  I've checked the verse 1-1-2 in Br.Up. (madhu kaNda) But this regards to
aShvOpAsana ( tatra tAvat aShvamEdhavignAnaya ..so goes shankara bhAshya in
the beginning)  & 1-1-2 mantra bhAga starts : aharvA aShvaM
purasthAnmahimAnvajAyata..........samudra EvAsya baNduH samudrO yOniH.

I think there is some problem in numbering system as we have two shakha-s
in shukla yajurvEda i.e. kaNva & mAdhyandina.  Shankara wrote commentary on
kaNva shAkha.  If you could give me the complete verse, it would be easier
for me to locate the exact verse & bhAShya on it , .

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar