Questions

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Thu Sep 5 17:47:06 CDT 2002

> It is only through consciousness that the antahkarana is
> illumined. Without
> the Atman/Consciousness, antahkarana is nothing but prakriti.
> Prakriti is
> jada (non-sentient). So consciousness has its prints all over
> us all the
> time.

Though consciousness is what enables memory, the imprints happen in
the antakaraNa and not in the consciousness since it is avikaara.
To draw a simile: For writing we need a stylus, ink and a medium to
write on. Stylus is consciousness, ink is activity and medium is
antakaraNa (and gross brain).

regards,
-chandrasekaran.