Fwd: Krishna's glories sang by Kunti

srikrishna_ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 1 11:08:26 CDT 2002

--- In advaitin at y..., "Raju" <gopijana at y...> wrote:
Jai Sri Krishna.
 Following is copied from SrimadBhagavata Book one Dis. 8, Gita
press.
It is so beautiful to sing in Sanskrit. I hope our members will enjoy
reading thi in English translation. Pl. pardon me for being long & any
mistakes in typing. .
Raju Das.

Kunti said: "I, an ignorant woman, make obeisance to you, the Prime
Person, transcending Prakrti and dwelling inside as well as outside
all
created beings, the invisible and imperishable God existing beyond the
range of sense-perception and screened by the curtain of Maya.
You cannot be seen by a man of perverted vision even as a dunce would
tail to recognize an actor appearing in a garb appropriate to the
stage.
How then can we womenfolk perceive you, who have appeared in our midst
just to engender Devotion in the heart of  Paramahamsas (those endowed
with the eye distinguishing the material from the spiritual) who are
given to contemplation and pure of mind?
Obeisance, obeisance to you Sri Krsna, son of Vasudeva, the delight of
Devaki (your blessed mother), the foster child of the cowherd nanda,
Lord Govinda. Obeisance to you whose navel is adorned with a lotus;
obeisance to you, wearing a wreath of lotus flowers; obeisance to you.
Possessing lotus-like eyes; obeisance to you, whose feet resemble the
lotus.
 O Hrsikesa (Lord of the senses), even as you delivered Devaki (Your
own
mother), who had been shut up in prison for a long time by the wicked
Kamsa and was overcome with grief. So did you, O almighty Lord,
repeatedly save me along with my sons from a sense of calamities? It
is
you, O Hari , who protected us from poison, from a huge fire, from the
look of man-eating demons, from the assembly of wicked people
(Duryodhana and his associates), from the perils met during forest
life,
from the missiles of many a great warrior (like Bhisma, Drona, Karna
and
so on) in every battle, and just now from the missile discharged by
Aswathama (the son of Dronacarya).
May calamities befall us at every step through eternity, O Teacher of
the world, for it is in adversity alone that we are blessed with your
sight, which eliminates the possibility of our seeing another birth?
 A man whose birth, power, learning and affluence only save to swell
his
pride is unable even to utter your name, you being open to the
perception of only those who have nothing to call their own. You are
the
only wealth of those who have no sense of possession. Beyond the realm
of the three gunas or modes of Prakriti, You delight in your own self
;and are perfectly calm; You are the Lord of Mokse (final beatitude).
bow to you again and again.
I believe you to be Kala ( the time -spirit), the almighty Ruler of
all,
having no beginning or end and moving alike among all the creatures,
although it is You, again, who serve as an occasion for them to
contend
with one another, None, O Lord , can know what you intend doing when
you
are acting like men. No one is ever dear or loathsome to you; It is
men
alone who think of you in terms of diversity.
 O Lord, You are the Soul of the universe, nay, the Universe itself.
You
are, asa a matter of fact, devoid of birth and actions; Your birth and
actions in the sub-human species as well as among men, Rsis and
aquatic
creatures are mere sport. When you offended (your foster-mother)
Yasoda
(by smashing the pot of curds) and she took a cord to bind you, the
way
in which you stood full of fear, with your face cast down, your eyes
rolling about in confusion and their collyrium dissolved in tears,
fills
me with bewilderment.
To think that even He of whom Fear  itself is afraid should appear so
stricken with fear ! Some people avert that, though unborn, you have
appeared in the race of your beloved yadu of sacred renown just in
order
to enhance his glory , even as a sandal tree takes root on the Malaya
mountain in order to bring reputation to the latter. Others  declare
that , though birthless. You were born of Devaki, Vasudev's wife for
the
protection of this world and the expermination of the enemies of gods,
as solicited by the couple (in their previous existence). Still others
assert that in respose to the prayer of Brahma (the self born Creator)
You have appeared (in our midst) to relieve the burden of the earth,
which was groaning under a heavy load like a vassel sinking in the
sea.
Some others maintain that you have descended on earth with intention
of
performing deeds fit to be heard of or dwelt upon by those who are
being
tormented in this world by ignorance, desire and selfish acts.
 That is why your devotees constantly listen to, sing, repeat to
others
and contemplate on your stories and rejoices; and it is they alone who
behold before long your lotus-feet that put an end to the stream of
births and deaths. O Lord, (we know) you have always granted the
wishes
of your own people. Is ;it a fact, then that you intend this very day
leave us, Your relations, who exclusively depend on you and who have
no
asylum other than your lotus-feet, having alienated other monarchs by
inflicting suffering on them?  When you are out of sight, the Yadus
and
ourselves, the Pandavas, are of no more consequence in name of form
than
the senses when their ruler, the soul has quitted them.
 This earth will not look so bright then, O Wielder of a mace, as it
does now, adorned by Your foot-prints, which are easily distinguished
by
their characteristic marks (o a lotus, thunderboltlt, banner and goad
etc.) These territories, so highly prosperous and so rich in their
ripe
crops and vegetation, as well as these woodlands and hills, rivers and
oceans, flourish only under your benign looks. O Lord you are not only
the Ruler and the Soul of the Universe but the universe itself; kindly
cut asunder the strong bond of affection that binds me with my own
people. The Pndus and the Vrsnis (the Yadus).
 Even as the Ganga incessantly pours its waters into the ocean, so let
my thought , O Lord of the Madhus, constantly and exclusively find
delight in you.
 O glorious Krsna, friend of Arjuna, foremost among the Vrsnis, You
are
fire as it were to burn the whole race of princes who are proving the
bane of the earth. Your prowess is infinite. Govinda. Your descent on
this earth is intended only to relieve the distress of the cows, the
Brahmanas and the gods. Obeisance to you. O Master of Yoga, O divine
Teacher of the Universe!.......

--- End forwarded message ---