Gayatri Mantra

Venkataramani K. venkataramanik at AOL.COM
Fri May 17 14:10:45 CDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 13:25:03 -0400, Vishal Agarwal
<vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Your reasoning implies that the Vedas refer to Puranas, Itihasas, Smritis
or
>assume their presence. This is not true.
>There is no explicit authoritative Sruti that debars women from reciting
the
>Vedas.
>
>Regards
>
>Vishal

I have also read that there have been many women sages in the vedas. A few
examples that I can remember are Apala, Lopamudra etc.. If they were
considered qualified enough to be revealed the shrutis, why would they be
considered less qualified to recite Gayatri mantra that came from the
shrutis?

Regards,
K.Venkataramani