Bhakti yoga

Wed Jun 26 11:58:19 CDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, nanda chandran wrote:

> >The jnani simply extends this natural feeling until it includes
> > >everything. Thus he can talk about God yet he feels this God is no
> > >different to him than his own hand.
>
> How would you know? Are you talking out of personal experience or are you
> speculating?

Partly personal experience.  I do feel quite close to God at times.  And
sometimes I don't but overall I would say that I do.  What I don't know
from personal experience is whether this is the same as (or approaching)
jnana but I have the reliable testimony of the shastras on that.  Just as
I have no personal experience of being a millionaire but I know that
investing my money is a sure path to that goal.