Bhakti yoga

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 26 09:58:33 CDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 04:52:35 +0000, nanda chandran <vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>>The jnani simply extends this natural feeling until it includes
>> >everything. Thus he can talk about God yet he feels this God is no
>> >different to him than his own hand.
>
>How would you know? Are you talking out of personal experience or are you
>speculating?
>
>Don't take it personally - just that such transcendental questions are best
>left alone. Best to contemplate on what pure consciousness is and why pure
>consciousness is defined as advaita. If you understand that you'll
>immediately realize why Shankara's commentary is called the Shaareeraka
>bhaashyam.

But does it matter whether or not one is talking from personal experience
or not? How do we even know the person is a jnani (jivanmukta) when we
ourselves have no experience of what that is. But we all believe that Adi
Shankara was a jivanmukta and so are the hundreds of saints throughout
Indian today.

If we can read and believe the scriptures when they talk of transcendental
matters, why can't we talk about it?

When the Master says "Sab Ek" and I ask him whether he is talking from
personal experience and he says yes, then what am I to do? Once I believe
him, what does it matter that Jaldhar or you repeat what he says? I see no
harm in the latter. Do you?

regards,
ashish