new member introduction: Rajesh Sarin

Tue Jul 9 10:08:04 CDT 2002

Namaste,

I am Rajesh Sarin.
I am an Electronics Engineer by education and
working in Reliance Petroleum Ltd. Jamnagar as
Asst. Manager.

I am a Hindu - Kshatriya by religion, and a
strong believer of God. My age is 29 years.

Around 3 years back, in a moment of sorrow,
(due to loss of my first child), I came across
Srimad Bhagvat Gita. I started reading it daily.
I found lots of peace through this great book.

Gradually, I found inside myself a growing
interest in reading more and more about our
Hinduism, its philosophies, various great books.
Then I started reading Sh. Vishnu Puran, then
the Vedas (still reading RigVeda), then the
collection of Upanishads (commentary by Sh. Pt.
Sriram Sharma Acharya), and many more !

In fact, I am in a habit of reading around half an hour
in the morning (before breakfast) and then around
half an hour (before dinner).

While searching, for something else, I got to know
about your web-site, offering an in-sight into Advaita
philosophy.

I would be highly interested in joining your list and
gain knowledge through your esteemed gathering.

thanks and regards - Sarin Rajesh