Jnana and Bhakti

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 26 11:03:32 CST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:54:55 -0500, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram
<srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:52:07 -0500, Laksh Nukala <lnukala at ATT.NET> wrote:
>
>>naMaste all,
>>
>>I am seeking to get a basic understanding of advaita. Could anyone point
me
>>to a good book to begin this quest?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Lakshminarayan Nukala
>

>Hari Om !!
>
>I have been reading several books during the last 1
>1/2  years. Based on my personal experience the most
>concise and effective presentation is found in
>"Advaita Bodha Deepika" " Lamp of Non-Dual Knowledge"
>published by Sri Ramanasramam. This book not only
>defines Advaita but stress is on realisation. I
>believe you will benefit most by reading this book.

I would also recommend "Laghu vasudeva Mananam".
I read at first the book, "An Introduction to Advaita Vedanta Philosophy"
(translation of LVM) by Swami Tejomayananda of Divine Life Society. As
there was some confusion in my mind because of translated nomenclature, I
decided to read  another translation by Swami Tapasyananda of Ramakrishna
Math. You may read these two translations.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna