Summary (of "Question", "braHmavid=Krishna?" series of mails) (fwd)

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Tue Aug 27 18:15:31 CDT 2002

A jIvanmuktha is said to not do anything out of samkalpa.
If his body does something it is due to praarabdha and
internally he doesn't feel limited due to his body's
limtations since he is devoid of desires and samkalpas.
So even if his body doesn't perform any feats, as a mundane
person would eagerly expect, it doesn't an iota change
the status of the realised. I am sure other people have
stressed upon this point.

I will quote instances from two of the greatest seers we
have all read about.
Sri Ramakrishna was staying opposite Madhur Babu's house
near the temple precincts. Once Ramakrishna was walking
up and down the corridor in his kutir. Madhur was looking
keenly at him from his house. All of a sudden he didn't
see Ramakrishna. When Ramakrishna walked one way, he saw
Kali walking.. and when He walked the other way, he saw
Shiva walking... Completely overwhelmed by this vision
Madhur ran crying towards Ramakrishna and fell at his feet
and narrated what he saw.. Ramakrishna coolly said "I don't
know anything about what you saw".. This could mean that
Ramakrishna's form changes into Kali and Shiva wasn't his
own samkalpa..

Sri Bhagawan Ramana is said to have given hastha dhiksha
to Ganapathy muni when the latter was performing a severe
penance. The muni was performing penance in a temple in a
far away city. Ramana was in his cave in Thiruvannamalai.
It's said that Ramana's body took off in the air and went
to the city where the muni was performing penance and
landed in front of the muni and gave hasta dhikshai and
returned by air to the cave. When Ramana narrated this, one
gets a feeling from the way he narrates that this happened
without his samkalpa.

When a young boy asked Ramana "Ramakrishna showed God to
Vivekananda.. Can you show me God?". Ramana replied "If
the person who is asking is a Vivekananda then I can show
God".
So the person who is trying to enquire into the nature of
the brahmavid should be having some qualifications to even
be a witness to the former's feats and blessings. And when
the person gets those qualifications he won't ask the former
to run:)) Simple! :)

Regards,
chandrasekaran.