From S V Swamy Re: Pravritti vs nivritti

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 8 06:51:42 CDT 2002

I know lot has been said on this topic of pravRitti and nivRitti.

Here is some things to think about that helped me to understand.

There was once a pot space who thought that he/she is very limited
and wanted to reach that infinte unlimited ever present - total space
that pervades everywhere.  To reach that infinte, he started to
expand himself to become big and big and big and big - that is
pravRitti.

Then a wise-pot came that way and told the expanding pot that it is
wasing its time in pravRitti - you can never reach infinte by adding
or gaining something.   Only way is to give up - sanyaas - so the pot
with the blown up space now decided to give up - a new sadhana-
nivRitii to realize the infinte unlimited space.  It became thinner
and thinner - and that is nivRitti.

Until at last another a true-wise (wiser) pot came and told this
seeker pot it is not by pravRitti nor by nivRitti one can become
infinite. One can never become infinite unless one already is.
Infinity one cannot become. There is infinity is not finite plus or
finite minus something. That will be still finite. One has to be
limitless to become limitless!

Pot space does not have to do anything to be infinte - it has to only
recognize or realize that it is already infinite since space can
never be divided and space cannot have any spacical limitations.  All
are in me and I am not in them - this is the teaching involving
nivRitti of the wrong notios and pravRitti of right understanding of
oneself.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com