From S V Swamy Re: Pravritti vs nivritti

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 8 02:33:08 CDT 2002

> Swamy SV
 Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
 From: Swarna Venkateswara Swamy
 <truthseeker123x at yahoo.com>
 Subject: Re: Pravritti vs nivritti
 To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri
 Shankara <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>

 Hari Om Tat Sat.

 What Shri Jagannath says it true. Actually in
 Pravritti Marga, we chase after the Ari Shadvargas
 (Six Enemies), which put on the cloaks of
 beautiful
 sense objects. When we realise the futility of the
 chase, may be after hundreds of births and finally
 by
 God's grace and turn our back, they try their
 level
 best to tease us and pull us back or atleast
 divert
 our attention.

 It is His way of testing us (like Jesus was
 tempted)
 and strengthening our resolve. As Sri Jagannath
 said,
 each time we fall, we are a little wiser and get
 up
 and dust ourselves and move on.

 Once He realises that we are truly serious, He
 takes
 pity on us and sends us a good guide to help us on
 the
 path. And our progress becomes that better. As we
 go
 along dropping bits and pieces of our burdens on
 the
 way, the journey becomes easier.

 Please do keep it up, my friends and cotravellers.
 Let
 us help each other.

 S.V.Swamy

=== message truncated ===