Sankalpam

Ravisankar Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 31 11:34:40 CST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:03:26 -0800, vidya S Jayaraman <paanini at YAHOO.COM>
wrote:
>I also heard that a temple in London uses a panchanga
>calculated there.

Kanchi maTha has a panchanga specially computed for New York with
corrections to other major cities in the US. It is available from Hindu
Temple Society of North America. See also www.indianet.com/ganesh
This panchanga is printed from Jan-Dec. May be it is time we get the copy
for next year.

Besides these I think some commercial & free software for doing this
computations are available.

aside: On a lighter note

Soon we will colonize space and I am sure some brahmaNa-s will go to Mars
etc, try to do these karma-s. It is better to adapt and capture the spirit.
Idea is to indicate the location in space-time. May be we should start
using star-date, etc. (at least till Borg assimilates us).

Ravi