Book Notices

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 7 22:24:53 CDT 2001

In the July 2001 newsletter of Motilal Banarsidass, I came across two book
notices that would interest the Advaitins.

1. I. S. Madugula. 2001. The Acarya: Sankara of Kaladi. Motilal Banarsidass.
New Delhi. ISBN: 81-208-1802-4
“…Padmapada, Sankara’s senior disciple, narrates the story in very human
terms. His intent is not to glorify his master’s life and work – but to
present him as a friend of humankind, someone who is needed generation after
generation, millennium after millennium. The author has interlaced the
events with the principal elements of the master’s teachings. ….” Price –
Rs. 195 (PB); 184 pp.

2. Giri, Swayamprakash (ed.). 1999. Sutasamhita, Samhitatmaka Sri
Skandapuranantargata. Sri Dakshinamurti Sanskrit Series, vol. 36. Varanasi.
Two parts in 1086 p., Price = Rs. 320 (for both the parts).

Sincerely,

Vishal Agarwal

Homepage- http://www.voi.org/vishal_agarwal/homepage.html