New member introduction: Shrinivas Gadkari

Wed Oct 3 00:05:59 CDT 2001

>My quest has been
>to arrive at a framework wherein Vedic teachings and
>modern science instead of contradicting would
>complement each other.

I want to ask, do you really think this is a big problem?  I mean it is
remarkable that Galileos discoveries caused such a big rift between Science
and his religion but although very early on our ancestors had discovered the
Earth is in fact not a flat disc carried on the backs of four elephants
resting on a tortoise, yet it did not cause a similiar feud.  Our Rshis and
Acharyas understood well that different means of knowledge apply to
different fields of enquiry.