New member introduction: Ravi Chandrasekhara

Tue Oct 2 23:50:38 CDT 2001

Namaste !

My name is Ravi Chandrasekhara.  I am a Sankethi
Brahmin.  Sankethis' are mainly in Karnataka and the
dialect Sankethi is a mixture of Sanskrit, Tamil, and
Kannada.  Sankethis are one of the Iyer subgroups and
are descendants of Vadama Iyers from Tamil Nadu and
who themselves originally came from the Narmada River
Valley.  Sankethis are Smartas.  I come from an
orthodox family and have perused the Advaita list
frequently and enjoy it.  I wish to learn more and
improve spiritually.

Pranam,
Ravi Chandrasekhara MD