vidyaranya swami

Naresh P. Cuntoor cuntoor at GLUE.UMD.EDU
Thu Nov 29 07:18:19 CST 2001

Namaste,
As I recall, the pillars that Sri Vaidya refers to are still there... Its
in the temple to the right side, after the main (Sharadamba) temple
but before the river, while walking from say, the administrator's office
towards Narasimha vana.
There are also a couple of interesting sculptures there. Within the pillar
is a cavity that contains a stone.. The puzzling thing is the diameter or
the stone is greater than the diameter of the cavity opening.. So how did
the stone get in there?

-Naresh