a big WHY

D.V.N.Sarma narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Nov 21 06:37:49 CST 2001

On 20 Nov 2001, at 12:00, Prasad Balasubramanian  wrote:

> Date:    Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:56:40 -0500
> From:    Prasad Balasubramanian <besprasad at COPPERCOM.COM>
> Subject: Re: a big WHY
>
> Can you kindly translate in English ?
> As well, if you could briefly explain gauDapAdakArikA, it would be useful.
> I'll try to find out the meaning here in the meanwhile.
>
> Shree guruBHyo namaH|
> Prasad

Here is my translation.

Neither there is dissolution nor creation. Neither there is a bonded
man nor one striving to break the bonds. Neither there is anybody
aspiring for liberation nor one that is liberated. This is the ultimate
understanding.

According to gauDapAda the whole question of WHY comes if you
admit that there is creation. But is there creation? According to him
in the ultimate analysis there is none. It is called ajAti vAda.

regards,

Sarma.