ADVAITA-L Digest - 6 Aug 2001 to 7 Aug 2001 (#2001-25)

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 7 11:25:17 CDT 2001

>On the other hand, if only existence
>exists, and non-existence cannot exist,

But we know of no such thing in the world that we exist, right? Philosophy
means trying to understand the world that we know using the intellect.
Philosophy is not trying to reconcile supernatural conceptions of reality
with other concepts (non-existence can only be postulated in relation to
something else and has no meaning by itself; it is an
epistemological/ontological impossibility) using logic. It is from the
Vyavahaara that we rise to the paramaartha. There's absolutely no use just
playing with the concept of paramartha by itself. You should relate it to
life as you know it.