New member introduction: Sri Chaitanya Bhagavat

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Wed Sep 6 11:39:34 CDT 2000

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Ravi Mayavaram wrote:

> [...]

namaste.

I welcome shri Chaitanya to the List and hope to learn from him.
To get the discussion going, let me put one or two questions here:

shri Chaitanya says

> ..... thus
> dismiss the real struggle which most of us (at least myself) have to
> face. .......

Now this struggle is with who and with what? Is this not an internal
struggle with the six great enemies of kAma, krodha, lobha, moha, mada
and mAtsarya? This is the struggle that has to be won.

In the same sentence, shri Chaitnaya says

> ..... Another being
> that
> I'm sick and tired of "hypermodern Advaita" propounded by new-age
> "Gurus"
> who simply use flowery words such as "just be", "quit the effort" and

This "being sick and tired of" something is to be won over. That is,
the struggle is internal. The problem is right there. And that problem
is to be solved. Why put labels "classic advaita", "new-age gurus",
"hypermodern advaita" and so on, instead of purifying oneself?

Please do not take this as a criticism, but I am trying to find the
location of the problem.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam