Adhyaatmic significance of navaraatri

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 5 16:17:26 CDT 2000

>From: "S. V. Subrahmanian" <svskotra at HOTMAIL.COM>

>I have not read any karma kANda part of Vedas (only heard recitations from
>pundits).  Can anyone tell me if there is really any mention of animal
>sacrifice in the Vedas.  I keep hearing/reading about it often.

Here is a writeup on Vedic scarifices
http://www.bharatavarsha.com/iyer/yajna.html You will find basic information
in it.

And yes, animal sacrifices are definitely Vedic, at least those that are
mentioned in the Veda. There has been a lot of dicussion on this list about
animal sacrifices. Please look up
http://www.escribe.com/religion/advaita/search.html?query=animal+sacrifice&mt=&th=&c=30

ashish