Vivek Anand Ganesan
v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 22 15:20:34 CDT 1999
My sincere thanks to all who answered my previous question.
I would like to know a few basic details regarding the Gayatri Mantra.
1) What is the meaning of the word "Gayatri"?
2) As there are "gayatri"s for most of the important deities, why is
"Gayatri" so significant?
3) Is is true that the mantra should not be chanted out aloud?
4) Should it be chanted with a pause after each sentence?
If so, why?
5) What are the rules regarding the chanting of the mantra?
Thanks in advance,
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam
Archives : http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l.html
Help : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Options : To leave the list send a mail to
listserv at lists.advaita-vedanta.org with
SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list