illusion

anandharig anandharig at INF.COM
Wed Oct 27 23:35:59 CDT 1999

Let's GO ahead Devendra.
I also have Some Doubts in understanding AdvaitvAd in Geeta .

Shubhasya Sheeghram !

Anand.

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   devendra.vyas [mailto:dev_vyas74 at HOTMAIL.COM]
                Sent:   Thursday, October 28, 1999 6:53 AM
                To:     anandharig
                Subject:        illusion

                i would like to begin by saying the foll:
                no debate  or question is futile in it's own place,but there
is a place for
                everything.
                a student of 1st standard asking:'what is 2+2'? is ok,but a
student of a
                higher standard asking the same question will get nothing
but ridicule!!!
                also,it would be the height of immaturity to unnnecessarily
criticize
                sw.vivekananda who has done more concrete things for our
ancient philosophy
                and religion than anyone present on this list,and definitely
he does not
                require any certificate from us .

                now for my main topic:
                "snake is seen as rope because of illusion ,but there must
have been
                a previous experience of the snake to bring up the idea of
the snake-
                which leads us to the conclusion that there must have been
previous
                existence of snake,to this vedanta says that previous
illusion was cause of
                the previous (erroneous) experience of snake and this
illusion is
                beginingless"
                have i understood correctly?,pl. advise.
                secondly would it be a good idea to have discussion/satsang
on the gita
                with lord sankara's comm.,starting from the begining.?as
known to all it is
                quite dificult to grasp lord sankara's comm. and i am sure
many members
                will benefit greatly by mutual sharing of ideas.if all the
members are
                agreed then we can begin
                in one or two days-alloting ,say,2-3 days for discussion on
one shloka,what
                say?

                --
                bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam