New member introduction: shrI Anbil Ramaswamy
Ravisankar S. Mayavaram
msr at COMCO.COM
Wed Oct 13 10:48:04 CDT 1999
Welcome to Advaita-L. We are fortunate to have a knowledgeable
and elderly person like you on this list.
Thank you for joining.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:32:00 EDT
From: Ramanbil at aol.com
To: msr at comco.com
Cc: jaldhar at braincells.com, Vaidya_Sundaram at i2.com
I give below an introduction of myself as required.
I am aged 74 years, my date of birth being 5th December 1925.
Hope this helps.
· I am interested to learn more about the different streams of religion and
philosophy of Hinduism.
· Had the bhagyam of visiting all the 106 Divyadesams besides a number of
Purana Kshetrams and Abhimana Kshetrams.
· I underwent intensive course of study of Grantha Chatushtayam etc. at the
feet of several Acharyas
· Came to USA with their blessings to contribute to the spread of our
Siddhantam among those interested.
· Besides delivering lectures on invitation from Universities and temples, I
have been contributing articles in the Bhakti list and Malolan Net.
· Founder - President of Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam (SDDS)
· Co-Editor and Publisher of Electronic Journal "Saranagathi" official
journal of SDDS.
· Publishing several books bearing on Hinduism in general and our Siddhantam
in particular (e.g) "Hinduism Rediscovered", "Oh! My God!", "Myths, Miracles
and Mysticism in Hinduism", "Beliefs, Faiths & Superstition", "Fasts, Feasts
· Was the Director General of "National Institute of Career Education": a
Registered Non-Profit Organization for Human Resources Development of In-
Service personnel through Distance Education for over 30 years.
· Was member of the "International Council of Distance Education"(ICDE),
· Was member of "Commonwealth Association for the Education and Training of
· Was the General Secretary of "Senior Citizens' Council, South Madras"
· Was Committee member in the "Association of Homes for the Elderly" working
in tandem with "Helpage India", a wing of "Helpage International"
· Was on the Education Committee of the "SMN Consumers' Protection Council"
entitled "Educating the Educated"
· Was the Treasurer and member, Executive Committee of "Residents' Welfare
Association, Central Government Staff Quarters, Indiranagar, Madras"
· Was Secretary, Indian Audit & Accounts Departmant Benevolent Fund, Madras
· Was Founder- Secretary-General of 'All India P&T Audit Officers'
Association" and "All India P&T SAS Association" and organized and
participated in several Conferences and Seminars all over India.
During my studentship in the University of Madras from 1941-1946-
· Was the Secretary of "Mambalam Forum"- a Youth Council.
· Was a Volunteer during the visit of Mahatma Gandhi in connection with the
Rajat Jayanthi of Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Madras.
· Organized free Hindi classes on a mandate from Mahatma Gandhi
· Conducted Adult Education classes for the benefit of the illiterate poor.
· Was Editor of a Vernacular monthly magazine "Kalaivani" for circulation
among student community.
· Was the Course Director of a Computer Organization "Dataprint Services"
· At age 62 took TOEFL and GRE and secured excellent scores based on which
was offered admission to Master's program from 4 universities with financial
I retired as a Senior P&T Audit Officer from the IA&AD of Govt. of India in
1983 after a service of 37 years.
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam
Archives : http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l.html
Help : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Options : To leave the list send a mail to
listserv at lists.advaita-vedanta.org with
SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list