appayya dIkShita

Ravi miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 6 12:03:25 CDT 1999

Dear Members,

shrI appayya dIkShita is an important figure. Wherever I have read I
have seen only praises and tributes paid to him. My understanding is he
is a held in high regard by both smArtha-s and shrIvaishNava-s. If
such a person had lost in a debate to some X then it would have made a
big news and referred by other sources. For instance if USA loses in a
a war to say Nepal or Bhutan, do you think it will not be written big
in the pages of history.

So I would say one need additional references on this topic. Or better
drop the subject. Personally I do not believe this story and I will not
unless I see a reference to it from an Acharya of kAnchi or
shr^ingagiri.

With respects,
Ravi