New member introduction: shrI Srivatsan Srinivasan

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Sep 28 14:21:01 CDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 18:42:19 +0000 (GMT)
From: Srivats Srinivasan <srivats at ece.utexas.edu>
To: "Ravisankar S. Mayavaram" <msr at isc.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: Interested in Advaita

Namaste,

 This is in response to your email asking me to introduce myself and my
interest in shri sankara's  philosophy.

 I am a doctoral student in computer engineering at The University of
Texas at Austin. My interest in advaita started about 7 years back when I
got the opportunity to listen to lectures of missionaries from Chinmaya
Mission, Coimbatore, India. I began to appreciate the beauty and
profundity of Bhagwan's philosophy at the satsangs. With the traditional
allegiance of my family to Kanchi mutt, the satsangs could only reinforce
my interest in Shri Sankara's school of thought. With all earnestness, I hope
the advaita vedanta discussion group would enlighten me in my quest to
realize the Brahman.

Hari Om.

Regards,
srivatsan