TRANSLITERATION

Guy Werlings guy.werlings at WANADOO.FR
Sat Oct 3 09:57:43 CDT 1998

Dear All,

 should like to know what appears on you screens and printers if I use
circumflex for long vowels, a, u, i and tilde on n in tranliteration,
instead of our usual capital letters. Do you get strange or exotical
unreadable signs or does it work?

Examples : do you see Râmâyana for rAmAyana, Mândûkya for mANDUkya, Srî
for SrI and jñâna for jNAna. I know doing this i do't solve the problem
of N an D

In some cases, this could help me for some postings I am just preparing
for you, but if it's unreadable or unprintable, I shall stick to the
Harvard-Kyoto transliteration, or to the one recommended by Vidyasankar
in the advaita home page

namaste !

Guy