Karma..

Charles Wikner WIKNER at NACDH4.NAC.AC.ZA
Wed Nov 11 01:46:43 CST 1998

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU> wrote:

> There are many translations of
> the gItA itself, but I am not aware of many other translations of
> Sankara's bhAshya on the gItA. Are there others published by the RK Math?

I have another translation: The Bhagavad Gita with the Commentary
of Sri Sankaracarya, tr. by Alladi Mahadeva Sastry, Samata Books.
It does not have the originaly bhashya text, only the translation.

His translation of the three fragments in question are:
(1) "all castes and religious orders (varna-Asrama) -- from the
     brAhmaNAs downwards, -- "
(2) "spiritual life (Brahmanatva)"
(3) "He who knows the truth does not think 'I act,' nor does he
     long for the results.

Regards, Charles.