New member introduction: shrI Krishna Vaidyanathan

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Sun May 17 22:29:17 CDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 00:48:43 -0400
From: Krishna Vaidyanathan <vkkumar at engr.uconn.edu>
To: Ravi Mayavaram <msr at reddy20.tamu.edu>
Subject: Introduction

    Please allow me to humbly introduce myself as Krishnakumar Vaidyanathan
to the members of this mailing list. I am originally from Madras where I had
done my schooling till twelfth grade. Then I went on to complete both my
bachelors and masters degree in metallurgical engineering from Indian
Institute of Technology, Bombay. I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. in
materials science at University of Connecticut. I have been in this country
for the past three years now.
    Though I was born into a modest south Indian Brahmin family, my exposure
to spiritual world was limited to rites and rituals, without any basic
understanding. My interest in Advaita has been kindled by the discussions I
had with my friend Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian. Since then, I always wanted
to know more about Advaita from the philosophical point of view. I expect to
understand it better by communicating with people who have been practicing
it and as a result have better understanding than me. I hope to bring in the
religious approach eventually into my life.

Krishnakumar Vaidyanathan