New Member Introduction: shrI Jonathan Wahlstrom

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Fri Jul 3 12:50:29 CDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 1980 14:59:56 +0100
From: Jonathan Wahlstrom <jonathan.wahlstrom at altavista.net>
To: "Ravisankar S. Mayavaram" <msr at isc.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: Request for introduction

Hi,

I thought I'd send a short introduction about myself...

I'm far from an expert on Vedanta philosophy but I nevertheless very
much enjoy reading the Upanishads, the Brahmasutrabhasya and other
classical texts of the Advaita Vedanta tradition. I'm very attracted to
monistic and pantheistic theories on reality and would thus gladly see
some comparisons between Advaita and other monistic theories such as the
classical Taoism of Lao Zi and Zhuang Zi (see the first verse of the Tao
Teh Ching- "Tao is all that exists and may exist... etc"), the theories
of Baruch de Spinoza and the theories of various Christian and Muslim
mystics.

Anything else? Ah, yes... At the moment I'm hard at work studying
Chinese Taoist philosophy at the Stockholm University while trying to
make a living working as a Unix network administrator. Hopefully this
will do...