Shunyata

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Mon Feb 23 12:45:25 CST 1998

In addition to what Sadananda explained about the concept of emptiness,
I would like to add something which I read :

"The Buddha has no theories" - On statements like this, is the
Madhyamika concept of shunyata or the emptiness of theories, founded.
- Dhammapada by S.Radhakrishnan

It's said that, in response to the Madhyamika Karikas by Nagarjuna,
which preached the doctrine of the emptiness of theories, a Vedic
propenent questioned that if all theories were empty, then wouldn't the
theory which claimed thus, be empty in itself?

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.